Wim's Letter& PTG's Future

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 12:30:23 -0800 (PST)

I'm touched, Fred, that you have so much concern for the welfare of PTG
that you would spend so much of your valuable time giving us the benefit
of your wisdom.  But, frankly, I for one am not in the least interested
in the opinions of someone who bailed out the year before I joined as a
Craftsman.

My activity within the Guild has waxed and waned over the years, mostly due
to personal circumstances - but I have always valued my membership and felt
an obligation to do what I could to support the Guild because it is the only
organization (in the US) that has advanced the technical and professional
standing of our trade during my career lifetime.  I can't rule out the
possibility that someday I would feel it necessary to resign my
membership if the Guild chose a course that I couldn't concienciously be
associated with (what person of priciple could).  But I can assure you
that if I did, I certainly would not throw stones at if from the outside,
or snigger about it's internal problems, which would no longer be my
business.

In short: please go back to selling initials in your own organization,
and let PTG members solve their own problems.

Mark Story, RPT
mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA