Heintzman follow up news, thanks

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 16:20:21 -0500

Thank you, especially Rob Kiddell, Stephen Birkett, Curtis Spiel, and Mike
Swendsen for your replies on Heintzman.  I reached the restoration group,
Heintzman Pianos Ltd., all that is left of the company, at 416-922-9300 as
suggested by Stephen Birkett.  Alas, they explained that there hasn't been
any manufacture in 15 years, and they've never seen a broken agraffe (nice
for them) let alone would have a source for parts.  Darn.

The client may yet be able to reach the last tuner who may have it, but it
must have been broken, how else could they have removed it without disturbing
the string coils?
Perhaps I can cut off the stem of a standard American part, and, as the
gentleman at Heintzman said, "fly by the seat of my pants"

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle