FEEDBACK REQUESTED

Frederick G Scoles scoles@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 11:15:16 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Nov 1995, Larry Fisher wrote:
>      I'm open for comments here.  I'm toying with the idea of mailing the
> annonymous.
>
>      It's only $35, but I'm at odds with the reasoning.  Usually I don't have
>
> Larry Fisher 11/11/95

Larry,  I agree with you, that the customer should pay the estimate, and
that you probably put alot more effort into the estimate (travel, time,
knowledge, paperwork) than even $35.  Most customers jump at the chance
to pay $35. because they know you've put more into an estimate than $35.
value.  But I had a similar experience with a player estimate which took
4 hrs. and much paperwork.  Instead of fighting it, I used it as a
learning experience. Now, everyone pays for an estimate; and if they have
the work done later, I often subtract the price of estimate from the
final reconditioning or rebuilding invoice.

Fred Scoles