PTG Home Page

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 13:08 -0600 (CST)

Rick,

First let me tell you that to date, Ron has done all of the work on the
Piano Page.  I have offered to help in just the last couple of days.

That being said, I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

>What will be the main function(s) of this page - to provide information or
>to point to other sources?

They will do both.  Ron has already put links to several other music
sources in the page he has been working on, as well as an extensive
manufacture listing and PTG technical bulletins.

>The information that will be provided - will it be mostly text, graphics,
>movies, etc?

So far, mostly text.  There are a few graphics (action models) as well.

>Will we be charging a fee for the use of this information?  Will there be
>specific information (lists, publications etc) that we will charge for?

I don't see this project as a charge for service adventure.  I see it more
as a public service of the guild.

>I envision a page that points to various lists such as pianotech, that will
>begin to provide technical information, resource lists, information on PTG
>activities, graphics - mostly technical, some humorous, perhaps developing
>into availability of quicktime movies of high speed photography.

This sounds great - and quite ambitious!  As the page develops, I'd love to
see it develop in the direction you suggest.  But I doubt it will happen
right away.

>Am I completely off base here?  What have you and Ron been putting together?

Again let me say that this has been Ron's baby so far.  I'm just trying to
help.

By the way, the .org alias sounds fine to me.  Actually, its probably more
appropriate than .com anyway.

For myself, I hope that we can get as many contributions from people on
this list to insure that the guild has a first rate presence on the web.

Before anything happens, we have to have the board sign off on the project.

John