This list

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 08:15 -0500 (EST)

I would like to see this list grow as much as possible with two
considerations.  One is BYU and their resources.  The traffic on this list
so far is moderate compared to some, but we don't want to wear out our
welcome.  The other factor is that we make sure that people subscribing
realize that this is for technical piano disucussions among technicians.  I
think we should we wide open to everyone, but we don't want to end up
talking about what piano to buy.

Yes, the archives of this list are available on gopher for anyone.  I am
part way done with a Piano Home Page with technical literature, a list of
manufacturers, and other piano related info.  I was considering putting a
link to the pianotech archive gopher.  I could also put info about how to
subscribe to this list with a description of its nature if you think that
would be valuable.  I'll go with the group sentiment and the word from BYU
about these.

I can get space on  a WWW server from my local internet provider for a
modest fee $5/mo/Megabyte + $1/mo/Meg transferred.  I wonder if any of you
guys know the computer people at your university well enough to see if they
might sponsor this page.  It would be non commerical, other than it would
have info about PTG and hopefully a list of RPTs by state if we can get that
worked out with the Board of PTG.  They are already considering that issue.
If I could get FTP rights to the appropriate directory I would maintain the
page.  I am even considering keeping a list of coming events among techs and
teachers.

Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!