This List (again)

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 22:00:02 -0600

On Sun, 26 Mar 1995 Yardbird47@aol.com wrote:

> I know that this discussion group was originaly inteneded for CAUTs, and that
> byu is hosting many non-CAUTs. But should we try to keep the non-CAUTs at
> least to PTG members? I'm holding off mentioning pianotech to a "friend of
> the NH Chapter" who is as good a tech as the rest of us, because I don't know
> how the host might feel about a list which expands too rapidly.

I'd like to take a swing at this one, if I may.

The PTG prides itself in the notion that it welcomes non-members to all
of its meetings (well, most of `em) in the earnest hope of *someday*
making them into honest RPTs or Associates (at least).  Why anyone would
think non-members should be excluded from this list is beyond me.
Perhaps those persons should remind themselves what the purpose of the
PTG is supposed to be...

Ron Torrella               "Ideal conversation must be an exchange of thought,
School of Music           and not, as many of those who worry most about their
University of Illinois    shortcomings believe, an eloquent exhibition of wit
                    or oratory." -- Emily Post, Etiquette