Due for a Rebuild?

John Minor jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 08 Mar 1995 00:07:57 -0600

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995 Yardbird47@aol.com wrote:

> Would the experience of this august body find it unusual that a '75 Steinway
> B would be ready for a restring with o'sized pins. No extentuating
> circumstances, although I did drive the pins 5 years ago. Is a restring after
> 20 years unheard of?
>
> Bill Ballard RPT      "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time
> NH Chapter, PTG        and  annoys the pig."  Sign on the wall of a
>                                     college voice teacher's studio.
Wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a medium to heavy use instrument.
A home instrument might surprise me...but then again, 1975 wasn't exactly
Steinways' "golden years"! : )

 ``May you get cancer and mental disease and go bankrupt,''
              curse by the ultra-Orthodox Court of Justice in Jerusalem.

John Minor
University of Illinois
jminor@uiuc.edu