Musical Pianos

David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Fri, 03 Mar 1995 17:08:46 -0600 (CST)

We have had the same problem here at SMU with studio pianos moving around.
If nothing else, it plays havoc with the computerized inventory.  When we
bought 40 new 243s in 1993 we took the casters off the ones in practice
rooms.  The pianos sit on the bottom board and some little studs that
Baldwin put on the toe boards.  They stay put very well now.

This solution puts the pianos about 3/4" closer to the floor, and the
pedal travel has to be well regulated or the pedals will hit the floor.
That's not really a problem and curtailing their travel time has been a
big plus.

Dave Porritt, RPT
SMU