parts inventory

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Thu, 02 Mar 1995 15:58:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Barbara,

>I guess my question is, is it safe to store them hanging from
>a hook--not whether or not they'll fall--but will they stay
>"live."  Did Yamaha stop storing them because it was a hassle
>or because something happens to them while hanging around?  I
>have mine stored on a peg board with a plastic sheet attached
>at the top that drapes over the strings to help keep dust out.

I done it this way for years and haven't noticed any deterioration in
"liveness."  The only problem I've had with strings are with brand new ones.
So even if you do find some of your stored strings are deadish, chances are
they always were.

Mark
Mark Story, RPT

Eastern Washington University        |  mstory@ewu.edu