parts inventory

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Thu, 02 Mar 1995 00:23:58 -0500

When I asked Bob Beck about this ( I was concerned about storing them in my
van) he said that hanging straight was superior to storing coiled. They ship
coiled because it is cheaper. At one time, Mapes marketed a set of guitar
strings called Nashville Straights whose main advantage was touted to be that
they had never been coiled into small guitar string packages. I am not sure
of the reasoning behind this. I have stored them both ways and find no
practical difference except, like snakes, they are easier to handle when not
coiled.
                                                                Dale Probst