Center Pin Lubricants

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 22:06 -0500 (EST)

.  This reminded me that I have about 15 ml of the stuff
>Bosendorfer uses on center pins.  It's called Ballistol-Klever "Das
>altbewaehrte Spezialoel".

I got some Ballistol from the Bosendorfer people too when I had squeaks in
the key bushings.  Bosendorfer uses leather instead of felt and since this
stuff is used to rejuvenate leather they recommended it on the key bushing
leathers.  It seemed to do the trick although that piano has moved on so I
can't tell you about any long term effects.  I think Ballistol is available
at gun stores.

I didn't know about all the other uses like mite and tick repellent.  "It's
a mouthwash and a floor wax!!!"  I guess when Avon Skin so soft is best
known as an insect repellant, who would want to use it in the bath.

-Ron
Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!