advertising?

Israel Stein istein@world.std.com
Fri, 09 Jun 1995 12:03:32 +0059 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Bill Spurlock, RPT wrote:

(cut)

> Amen. Using the list for personal commercial benefit is obviously
> innappropriate. But dumping piles of cute little personal messages on all the
> subscribers seems innapropriate as well.
>
> Bill Spurlock

Yes, this is a problem. It is probably in part due to the fact than many
of the subscribers here are new to the medium and not familiar with its
fine points. A short guide for newbies, periodically posted, might go a
long way towards solving it. (I hesitate to undertake it myself due to my
somewhat abrasive style.  I will, if there are no objections)

I. Stein