Chickering Quarter Grand

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Fri, 09 Jun 1995 08:36:13 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm sure that most of us are familiar with the Chickering Grand that had the
moniker "Quarter Grand" cast in the plate.  I just tuned a 1914 5'7" model
and was curious if the name referred to just this size, or several sizes and
where the term came from.  We also have a "Quarter Grand" coming into the
shop from Florida for rebuilding which originally raised this question.

Perhaps, PianoGuru has some info out there in Arkansas since Baldwin owns
Chickering.

Thanks folks,

Allan Gilreath
Berry College