Journal articles CD ROM

PianoGuru@aol.com PianoGuru@aol.com
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 00:40:48 -0400

In a message dated 95-05-30 17:39:31 EDT, Jim Harvey wrote:

>I argued with Larry Goldsmith about this a -LONG- time ago, >(1989 or so). I
was too late. They had commissioned the Journals >to microfiche. Now there's
a new-age technology that's easily >transportable, and with fast lookup and
retrieval! Would everyone >with a fiche reader please raise their hands?

My hand's up!  Admittedly, I don't use it much, but information has been
preserved through another generation that would otherwise have been lost for
all time!  While fiche is easily transportable, physically, it is not easily
transportable to other media.  On the other hand information, once digitized,
as in the case of the CD ROM, is quite transportable to newer technology
media.

If I am not personally responsible for committing the Journal to CD, I will
be first in line to buy it!

Frank Emerson,
Director of R & D, Baldwin Piano