Baldwin News

PianoGuru@aol.com PianoGuru@aol.com
Thu, 01 Jun 1995 00:33:07 -0400

At the request of Vince Mrykalo here's some news from Baldwin.

The big news is that Baldwin is under new management.  The frustration that
you have experienced with Baldwin has been very much my frustration as well,
having my hands tied.  I came to work for Baldwin 6 years ago, fully
intending to revolutionize the industry.  That has not happened....... yet.
 The time is now right!

R & D is coming out of the closet.  For the first time in six years, I will
be attending the PTG convention.  Hope to see you all in Albequerque!

Very soon we will be introducing a new 48" vertical piano of my design.  I am
very excited about this product; it includes a number of innovative features,
too many to mention here.  I will post details at a later date.

Vince mentioned the felt production.  The mandate of the old management was
"the harder the better; you can't make it too hard."  Anyone who has tried to
get voicing needles into a hammer knows otherwise!  We are working on that.

My question to each of you is this:  How can Baldwin best utilize this
Information Highway to our mutual benefit?

Frank Emerson
Director of Piano R & D
Baldwin Piano & Organ Company