Caster cups

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 07:30:38 -0400

Keith,

About a year ago I heard Lucien Hut speak while he was consulting for Petrof.
 He stated that using a rubber caster cup (something made from the material
that is used for truck bed liners) dramatically decreased the amount of
energy that leached out of the instrument through the brass casters.  I'm not
sure at this moment which European brand he was working on at the time he
discovered this.  Perhaps if anyone knows Lucien particularly well they could
check with him and let the rest of us know.  I would imagine that rubber
casters or the rubber wheels on a stage dolly would achieve a similar goal.

Hope this helps,

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College