RE Aftertouch

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 23:44:31 -0400

Silly me, I realized this morning that the dip has to be in hundredths, not
thousandths.  Oh well, you know what I meant.

Ken, your response about Steinway switching the knuckle geometry, yes I
realize they changed in '84, I thought the higher leverage shank would yield
less dip needed... so I have to rethink this.

So if differences in shanks don't account for the difference between NY and
Hamburg recommended dip, is the .42 because of key ratio variation?  (And
therefore will change again as soon as they complete the "2 to 1" program to
preset key ratio prior to strike point?)  Is that why Hamburgs come out with
better projection on Stanwood's charts, primarily?  key ratio producing more
efficient strike ratios?

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle