M&H Screwstringer

RobertD429@aol.com RobertD429@aol.com
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 03:02:42 -0400

In reference to Gordon Large's question concerning M&H screwstringers:

I can't claim vast experience on screwstringers, having worked on exactly
ONE. Restringing with nice clean wire and cleaning up the bearing points did
improve the rendering considerably, but I did break two of the doohickeys in
the process and had to make new ones. Actually I shouldn't say I broke them
-- they broke themselves. I guess they decided I was ready for a sudden and
inconvenient lesson in metalworking

One does get the hang of it, but you'll also notice that not even Mason &
Hamlin stayed with them very long....

Good luck,
Bob Davis