manufacturer lease/loan programs for institutions

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:11:58 -0700

Hi Greg,

----------
From:       Greg Hudak[SMTP:greg@peabody.jhu.edu]
Sent:       Tuesday, August 08, 1995 6:11 AM
To:   Multiple recipients of list
Subject:    manufacturer lease/loan programs for institutions

Dear university colleagues:

Would those of you who have some sort of lease/loan arrangement with a=20
piano manufacturer at your school please drop me a line stating the=20
details of the situation, as well as your opinion of the effectiveness of=
=20
the arrangement?  We are trying to explore the various options here at=20
Peabody and would appreciate any input possible.

Thank you.

Greg Hudak

We're considering one right now.  I haven't seen the contract yet, but ro=
ughly it involves our selecting the pianos that we want replaced, then th=
e participating store would give us a trade in value that would be used a=
s a credit to purchase pianos at the end the the annual replacement cycle=
.  This new trend seems to address the problem most of us had with the o=
rginal "all or nothing" proposals that we saw a few years ago.  I'll give=
 you more details as we move further along if you wish.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA=09