shop feet sore, experience?

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 20:47:34 -0400

I've tried several things: carpet, 3/8" plywood decking over 1"x 2" supports
either plain or covered with carpet, a section of wooden fence reinforced
with 1' x 2" supports covered with carpet, and finally a sheet of  3/4"
plywood decking. I like the decking the best. It gives enough to protect my
knees but is not so high or limber that it impairs hand sawing or planing. I
had trouble keeping the carpet clean but it does pretty well other than that.
I think the best mats I have seen are the ones used by restaurants in the
dishwashing area.

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician
Ward & Probst, Inc.