New Listserv

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sun, 06 Aug 1995 21:22 -0500 (EST)

>THEORY and PRACTICE.  That's the ticket!  Academicians will favor the former;
>slobs in the trenches the latter. Have a listserve that <serves> the
>nitty-gritty.  The
>suggestion that it come under the sponsorship of PTG is excellent.  What say,
>Bill
>Harvey, you've always had a practical bent of mind.  Want to get the ball
>rolling?

I would favor having only one list at whatever location can handle it.  If
BYU can keep it for a while lets leave it alone.  If we need another site it
seems it will be easy enough to move it.

Prairienet and PTG are not the same.  Prairienet is a publicly funded
freenet that provides internet access for people in Illinois.  Luckily they
are kind enough to provide us with space on there Web server to put the
Piano Page.  The Piano Page has the blessing of PTG but is produced by Ron
Torrella and myself and not by any official committee of PTG.  It may be
getting to the point where we will rely on the Electronic Communications
Committee for help in deciding what new information should go there.

Prairienet would also let us have a list there since we are information
providers.  I think the real question is are we too much load for BYU right
now and how much bigger would we need to be to become a problem?

I think that one list with an open attitude and good use of subject lines
would serve us all better than trying to arbitrarily split it up.  I can see
lots of time and energy spent arguing over which list a post should be on.
We are not that big a list yet compared to Scouts-L or some of the bigger
ones.

Ron
Ron Berry, RPT (Registered Piano Technician)
ronberry@iquest.net
Indianapolis, IN
Check out the Piano Page at http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html
for some great information and links about pianos!