Wire Preferences

DJS08201@Jetson.UH.EDU DJS08201@Jetson.UH.EDU
Wed, 02 Aug 1995 21:52:06 -0500 (CDT)

Don_Mannino wrote on 2-AUG-1995:

>     Suzuki wire from Japan is extremely stiff wire, and sounds different
>     from the softer, more flexible types from Mapes and Roslau. Schaff's
>     wire is on the hard side of center, and also doesn't mix well with the
>     more flexible wires.

      Interesting, flexibility is defined as the elongation due to a unit
load.  Flexibility is the inverse of stiffness.  By definition, this means
 that the flexibility is inversely proportional to the modulus of
elasticity.  Therefore, according to your statement, these different
 brands of wire have different values for their modulus of elasticity.
      I must assume that you got this information from a reliable
 source.  Would you please share that source.  What are the respective
 values for the modulus of elasticity for these different wire brands?

Thanks,
Dan Squire
U of H