Mute strip on shallow strings

kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Wed, 02 Aug 1995 19:50:46 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 2 Aug 1995 FREDIEBOY@aol.com wrote:

> USE A PAPP'S MUTE.......fredieboy

Indeed! the thing is worth it's cost ($15.00 Canadian, less in the U.S.)

I've been using one for about 8 months now, and have wondered how I
worked without it. Basically, it is a plastic tweezer affair that can
mute one or two strings of a three-string unison, and can work in the
bichord wound strings as well. Schaff sells them, and Pianophile in
Canada does as well. The technician at the University of Alberta gave me
one of his, and now I use my rubber mutes to fish out change that
careless students have dropped onto grand soundboards.

Rob Kiddell
Canada