Climate control systems in verticals

Israel Stein istein@world.std.com
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 21:12:18 +0001 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Nov 1994, David Porritt wrote:

> flange bushings.  Like you, Tom, I don't use damp chasers unless it is
> truly an unusual circumstance.  (I had an Elementary school where the
> music room was right next to the cafeteria steam table.)  It's probaly
> been 4 years since I have had one in my hand.  Homes here with decent
> climate controls just don't need them.
>
> dave porritt
> SMU

Like you, Tom and David, I've tried to avoid those blasted contraptions,
advising my clients to use room humidifiers etc. But now Dammpp-Chaser has
started marketing directly to piano owners - complete with dealer
endorsements. So several of my clients have been clamoring for this
wonderful thing that'll keep their piano from going out of tune - and I'm
having one hell of a time trying to explain the downside... Just
installed them in three Steinway grands belonging to techers out of fear
of losing their business... Seems that filling up a humidifier every
couple of days is just too much trouble for them. Any ideas?

Israel Stein