Bechstein action parts

John Minor jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 16:11:28 -0600

> At  4:05 PM 11/13/94 -0700, MarkEclark@aol.com wrote:
> >Does anyone know where to get parts for the Bechstein piano, and if there's
> >an inexpensive way.  Also - does any third-party maker make these parts
> >within specs that measure up to originals?

      You might try Fletcher Newman in England. They offer Bechstein Style
Renner hammers. Not sure about the whippens, but you should check it out.
They also have excellent bushing felt selection. And, no need to worry
about exchange rates: they take Visa/Mastercard! But, just like the Olympics,
they DON'T take American Express!!! :-)

      Let me know if you want an address/phone.

John Minor
University of Illinois
jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu