Garlick 'Diatribe'

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 15:39:13 -0600 (CST)

HI all!

I've been enjoying the conversation on Bill Garlick's missal (missle?:).
I seem to remember reading a copy of this when he first 'released' it
but my memory is not sharp enough to offer comments without reading it
again.

Ron, would you please forward a copy to me?  Thanks!

Diatribe aside, I will say that I have enjoyed being a student of Mr.
Garlick several times over the few years that I've been involved in
piano technology.  I enjoy his teaching style and I believe that I've
learned a lot from him.  There are lots of other people about whom I can
say the same thing and I didn't/don't agree with EVERYTHING that any of these '
teachers' espoused.  That dosen't mean what they said wasn't/isn't valuable!.

I can't remember too many things that have come along that
have stimulated such intense discussion of 'matters PTG' (or the
entire industry for that matter) and I believe such discussion works
toward the common good and the 'positive growth' of the organization
within the industry.  Within reason, a bit of fur flying from time to
time tends to be a positive thing in the long run (OSHA guidelines
notwithstanding :).

Thus far concerning the 'diatribe' discussion, I admit to one very
strong feeling: I wish very much that Danny Boone were still with us to
add his thoughts to this.  I cannot imagine what he might have to say on
the subject and I might not agree with his point of view but I suspect I
would learn something unless stubbornness got in the way (it DOES now
and then).  I miss him.

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu