Bill Garlick's "diatribe"

Michael Wathen 556-9565 Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
Wed, 09 Nov 1994 13:46:00 -0500 (EST)

Garlick's popularity or good fortune has very little if anything with the Guild.
He happens to be a member and he also happens to be a popular teacher.  But his
career as a teacher has arisen independently.  First at the North Bennett school
and later for a short time working for Steinway.

I personally, feel some of the same frustrations.  I paid dearly for my
knowledge and to exercise a Goodwill giveaway officially encouraged by the Guild
leaves with a bitter aftertaste.  Who is it serving?  My main purpose in being
in the Guild is self enrichment and I feel no guilt about that.

Michael Wathen