Bill Garlick's "diatribe"

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu, 03 Nov 1994 09:56:00 -0600

I can now send copies of Bill's "diatribe" via email to those of you who
either didn't get a copy at the last convention (I'm under the impression
that he had copies circulated), lost/gave away your copy, or didn't attend
the convention.  Since I was unable to attend the convention I was unaware
that the paper even existed until Bill mentioned it to me on the
telephone.  (After reading it, I recognized it as being something he had
apparently long thought of producing in written form--having heard
basically all of it while visiting with him several years ago.)

The paper is rather opinionated but contains some valid points that would
make for interesting discussion in PIANOTECH and perhaps beyond. (WARNING:
Those who tend to be offended by the slightest hint of "bashing" should
probably pass on this one!)  Bill explicitly invites readers to reproduce
his paper--in whole or in part.  I have done some very minor editting but
did nothing to change the basic content.  There are some points I disagree
with, as I'm sure many will, but I prefer to present the paper as it was
presented to me.

It would probably be more convenient for me to put the copy in the index
at PIANOTECH, but I'm not so sure everyone would be able to retrieve the
document from the index.  And since the document is 21217bytes long, I
thought it would be rude to just send it indiscriminately to the whole
list of subscribers.

But I'm rambling on.

If you wa
.