piano stores

richard west rwest@unlinfo.unl.edu
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 21:32:38 -0600 (CST)

> Hello Richard,
>
> Would you please contact me about names of music stores in Lincoln, NE that
> sell pianos.  Grands and/or verticals.  If they are a multifaceted store that
> would be better.
>
> Tim Coates
> University of South Dakota
> tcoates@AOL.COM

Hi, Tim,
I'd be happy to tell you about piano stores here in Lincoln.  There's
only one worth mentioning--Dietze Music House, 402/476-6644, 1208 "O"
Street, Lincoln, NE  68508.  Their main franchise is Yamaha.  I'm not
sure what other lines they have now.  They used to be a Steinway
dealer until Steinway pulled the franchise because they didn't have
the showroom space to show enough pianos.  They are a reputable
business and have always given the university a good price break on
new instruments.  I just bought a new Yamaha C5 (for myself at home
from them last summer.  They gave me a great deal and I really am
enjoying the piano.  Yes, Iknow I should have bought a good rebuildable
grand and done all the work myself, but.....
When it comes down to it, you can't beat a new piano.

If you need any other help, let me know.  You have my address.