brass "butt plate" screws alert

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Sun, 18 Dec 1994 00:28:40 -0500

Hi, e-mail techs, thought I'd pass on that the latest batches of brass
flanges, or butt plates, from Schaff Piano are being shipped out with screws
that are 1/8" longer than standard.  You can picture the butts
 standing at attention with their coved sections resting on the tips of
 the screws!  I have made Schaff staff aware of this, and they say that all
of their current 518 A and S stock are that same length.  I have not
attempted to call APSCO to see if someone would measure their screw stock for
me.  I do wonder if this is going to be a market wide problem...  Argh, sigh.

Anybody else have similar info to report?

Audrey in Seattle