December Journal issue

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 22:26:27 -0500

What's wrong with a little Americana? You'll notice that Santa's featured
gift is a call to tuning, a gift to us tuners (those of us who take care of
free-ranging pianos as opposed to the institutional (or "feedlot") pianos).
What you're looking at is stage two of the marketing committee's assault on
the American marketplace. The Public may (or might not) see the Journal on
the library rack, or airport terminal kiosk, but if they see the December
issue cover, they'll give us a call that evening.  The Journal cover is
scheduled to appear on numerous roadside billboards in time for the summer
travel season.
I'm sorry, I must have dozed off. ..Oh, yes, about its level of taste. It
really is a pretty thin mishmash of scanned computer "art".
But I'd much rather judge the book as I do the person, by what's inside.
Mr. Bill (Ballard)