[CAUT] CAUT Digest, Vol 51, Issue 2

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Mon Mar 18 16:03:16 MDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Israel Stein <custos3 at comcast.net> wrote:
> ...I would get lots of digests per day, often within less than an hour of
> each other, each containing one or two messages...

On the Google Group, they have two options for people who don't want
all the emails, all the time, Abridged, and Digest.

The Digest works like the Mailman one, and I think they send in
batches of 25 entire messages. The Abridged mode is only sent out once
a day, and it contains the first paragraph or so of each message, then
URL pointers to individual, full messages on the group site.

It's interesting, I've been watching it on a separate account that is
not my primary one. The digest is nice in that it is in HTML format,
so the table of contents at the top has #name jump links for quick
access to the messages you want to read. I still prefer letting the
email program sort them for me, and stash them in a folder where I can
look at my convenience without having messages clutter my Inbox.

I don't know if there will ever be a CAUT Google Group. They seem to
have adapted as a group to my.ptg.org better than the pianotech rabble
:-)

Jim