[CAUT] flatwound bass strings

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Sat May 12 12:17:05 MDT 2012

OK, this link has an illustration of flatwound that fits with what I've
seen.

http://www.azwebpages.com/bass/flatwound_strings.htm

I can't say which terminology is correct. Obviously, the illustration in
Wikipedia is of something real, but I don't know what it should be
called. There are types of strings now that didn't exist when I last
paid any attention, and it's not important enough to me to try and sort
through.

Anyway, cheers and beers.

~Mark