[CAUT] recital policy

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sun Mar 28 19:38:49 MDT 2010

I would echo Kent's comments, all of them. I haven't been on official
duty at a concert by the music department, ever. I think I touched up
at intermission once 23 years ago (first year I was there). I tune for
all faculty and guest recitals, and then If I haven't otherwise tuned
each of the concert instruments within two weeks, I schedule a tuning
for the department in general (student recitals). I have no problem
with my tunings lasting through many concerts - not that unisons
couldn't be refined a bit every day if I had that much time to spare.
(I am on at concerts for other venues only when the artist's rider
specifically calls for it. George WInston and one or two others from
time to time).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Twain