[CAUT] The fundamental - Where is it?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Mar 26 15:15:13 MDT 2010

	I don't think I grasped what the charts I mentioned earlier were
showing (it had more to do with driving the board than with a string
coupled to the board), but here is a quote from the same book, p. 338:
"Although the fundamental dominates the piano sound spectrum over most
of its range, it is very weak in the lower two octaves. For the lowest
note A0 (27.5 Hz), the fundamental may be 25 dB below the level of the
strongest component." That seems pretty clear: it is present.
Furthermore, this was a blanket statement, not confined to large grands.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu