[CAUT] Congratulations to Don Mannino

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Mar 26 11:53:01 MDT 2010

	Just a short elaboration: this isn't an honorary title. He had to go
to Japan and spend a few days prepping a raw factory piano, then have
it examined in minute detail and graded by extremely finicky judges in
the areas of tuning, voicing and regulation. Quite a feat! I believe
he may be the only non-Japanese MPA. (He was in Albuquerque last
weekend for the MTNA conference, and I got to talk to him about it).

Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm
On Mar 26, 2010, at 11:18 AM, Susan Kline wrote:

> Oh, excellent! Isn't that fine!
>
> Susan
>
> At 08:05 AM 3/26/2010, you wrote:
>> Because Don is so modest…I thought you all should know:
>>

>> KAWAI'S MANNINO NAMED MASTER PIANO ARTISAN
>>
>> DON MANNINO, DIRECTOR of field service for Shigeru Kawai Pianos in
>> North
>> America, has been awarded the prestigious title of Master Piano
>> Artisan by
>> Kawai Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. The designation was conferred by
>> Kawai
>> president Hirotaka Kawai during a presentation at Kawai's world
>> headquarters
>> in Hamamatsu, Japan, on February 26.
>>

>> Congratulations, Don.
>> jeannie
>>
>> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.
>> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
>> The Professional version does not have this message.

Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm