[CAUT] Appropriate Piano for Small Recital Hall

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Wed Mar 24 10:05:01 MDT 2010

In my opinion, it is always best to have a concert grand for a recital
space, no matter how small.

A well set up concert grand will have the control necessary to not
overpower the room.  If voiced and regulated appropriately, the full
tone will give performers a much wider palette of sound to work with,
and that range of tone from ppp to fff across the scale is what makes
the pianist happy!

I have serviced many concert grands in peoples living rooms, and they
were wonderful when voiced appropriately.

Don Mannino