[CAUT] Keith Kirchoff

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Mar 22 21:42:12 MDT 2010

Watching the below videos revealed to me a pianist of extraordinary
talent and sensitivity. Further research leads me to conclude that
that impression is well-founded. Certainly he plays vigorously at
times, and perhaps beyond what we would like to see in the way of
force, but I would not call it abusive to the instrument. I see
students playing harder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7KhPs44T8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHmMurvSzTY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKzf4CQP3cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi6Y5ZO_vg4
Just a "balancing" point of view. He was here in Albuquerque a few
years back, though I did not attend the performance (I did tune the
piano, one which I regularly service, and have nothing to report. The
piano was and is fine, no broken anything in the interim between
before he came and the present. No extreme tuning excursions).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu