[CAUT] Keith Kirchoff

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 07:24:41 MDT 2010

I was being just a bit facetious.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:06 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Keith Kirchoff

Hi David,

Unisons always matter. I was disturbed by the recent thread suggesting that
unisons might last until the cheque was cashed.

I tuned a piano last week that has good humidity control. It was last tuned
in 2003 (by me). Pitch change at A4 was seven cents. Were the unisons
perfect after seven years. Nope. Does this qualify as piano abuse? YUP!

Just because I, musically, am not able to appreciate composers such as Henry
Cowell, doesn't mean that unisons don't matter. I want to be able to look at
my face in the mirror and know that I've done my best.

I still firmly believe that most tuners are over optimistic about the amount
of pitch correction that is possible. 2 cents of change is a lot for concert
level work.

At 09:45 PM 3/21/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>He will test your ability to tune a stable unison.  Then again with a lot
of
>the music he performs (and quite well) does it really matter?
>
>David Love
mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/
3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716