[CAUT] Keith Kirchoff

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 23:05:36 MDT 2010

Hi David,

Unisons always matter. I was disturbed by the recent thread suggesting that unisons might last until the cheque was cashed.

I tuned a piano last week that has good humidity control. It was last tuned in 2003 (by me). Pitch change at A4 was seven cents. Were the unisons perfect after seven years. Nope. Does this qualify as piano abuse? YUP!

Just because I, musically, am not able to appreciate composers such as Henry Cowell, doesn't mean that unisons don't matter. I want to be able to look at my face in the mirror and know that I've done my best.

I still firmly believe that most tuners are over optimistic about the amount of pitch correction that is possible. 2 cents of change is a lot for concert level work.

At 09:45 PM 3/21/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>He will test your ability to tune a stable unison.  Then again with a lot of
>the music he performs (and quite well) does it really matter?
>
>David Love
mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/
3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716