[CAUT] Piano Storage Room

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Mar 15 06:55:49 MDT 2010

The university where I have a contract, has a climate controlled
storage room for their Yamaha CF.
Lat week they neglected to put it away, and it was out for 48 hours,
naturally the tuning was out.

  Those of you that do have pianos in this situation, do you have
rules posted?
I was thinking something about comes out X number of hours before
performance, should try to keep length of time out X hours.

Sometimes I feel that we should just turn off the climate control, and
we would be better.

We had a Steinway D that is stored in a box on stage, and it was close
when tuned.

The climate control is at 70F and 45% RH.  The stage was 73F and 29% RH.

What are your experiences, good or bad.

John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia