[CAUT] Mythbusters

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Mar 8 19:45:55 MST 2010

In all fairness, and with all due respect, I've never found voicing NY S&S
hammers that difficult.  Different, yes, but difficult, no.  Same goes for
the action mounted sostenuto - again, different, but not difficult.  Now,
cheek blocks that allowed fallboard removal without block removal, or fine
adjustment screws.....that'd be nice.

Another change that was proposed last time I was in NY was keeping the habit
of NY Repetitions to have two different gauge springs (one for bass/tenor, a
thinner one for the treble), rather than the four different sizes found
(still?) in Hamburg.

William R. Monroe