[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action Stack

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 07:02:47 MST 2010

>>>  >Correction:
>>>  >A0: 3.375
>>>  >C8: 4.440
>>  >
>>  >Really?  A one inch plus difference in spread from one end of the
>>  >action to the other?  Wow...
>
>No, I was right the first time :-)  Too early.
>
>4.375 to 4.44 or 111.12 mm to 112.75
>
>I'll be shimming the top of the wippen flange rail as needed. So far,
>it's double paper in the bass and 1st tenor.
>
>Right now, I'm reconfiguring the rep spring configuration.
>It's bent to tight curves which will make it difficult to fine tune.

Hold the phone.  Too many pianos working at once.  The wips with the
bent springs are from the 1994 M 9which will get Turbo wips).  These
newer wips are going into a 1923 O which has the action with the
difference in action spread.

Ok, I think I got that straight. Maybe it's too much mindless tinkering.
--
--

Regards,

Jon Page