[CAUT] Job?

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 07:47:04 MST 2010

Hi Chris,
My thinking is that you may well be able to also be the contract technician who will be called in when your part time hours are found to be not enough. The department head is going to have to answer some screaming faculty when the pianos won't stay in tune. You ought to be able to charge them double or more your regular hourly salary for that time.  You will HAVE to because otherwise your time is worth even more than that in the private sector.

I caught a snip of a CNN report yesterday while I was in a home evaluating a piano. The overwhelming charge is that states have been reluctant to increase taxes, over time reducing the percentage of the state obligation of funding of public schools. I understand the University of Georgia is raising tuition 77% next year AND laying off faculty and staff. Haven't yet heard about the piano tech staff.

Tanner