[CAUT] Shimming the Steinway Action stack to reach the strings

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Tue Mar 2 18:25:32 MST 2010

Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud BUT there are still WAY too many unanswered questions to this thread.

1 How old is this piano.
2. When was this issue FIRST reported? Is there a record of the attempts to resolve this issue and subsequent contacts for additional repair/resolve?
3.Was ANY authorization (ARM number) ever requested?

4. What entity is the source of the issue?  Teacher? Technician? Non-technical person chiming in?

5. Has ANYBODY discussed this directly with the Manufacturer service department with any detail for a resolve?  Sure somebody said to shim the stack but it seems odd that a detailed discussion did not ensue as to procedure.

This blog seems to, on the surface, be beating up on a manufacturer without justification. I thought we're all in the same field and should support the industry. JMHO.

Feel free to contact me off list of you want to flame.

Gerry Cousins

WCUPA