[CAUT] Warning to you hosting the Van Cliburn gold medalist

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Mar 2 17:18:11 MST 2010

Hi all,

Tonight, the Van Cliburn gold medalist is playing.  He blew off the
afternoon practice and showed up at 4:30 instead of 3:30 to warm up.  He
is supposed to go until 6:30 with a half hour to tune before the doors
open at 7pm.

I'm not a happy camper.  He gets what he gets!! a two hour program with
many major pieces each half.  I will have the great opportunity to tune
during the intermission. (a joke). This piano has just been freshly
restrung and is not stable at all.

Why do so many great pianists have no @#$% clue about their instrument??
for any of you hosting Mr. Khang, please tell him something resembling a
clue on piano prep time.  I was caught totally off guard on this one.

Can you tell I'm pissed off??

Paul