[CAUT] loaner programs

David Denison a440 at optonline.net
Mon Mar 1 11:04:22 MST 2010

Our Yamaha loaner program here at Hofstra too ended abruptly, with our local dealer filing chapter 11.  The music dept. is in discussions for either buying the loaners or signing on for a Kawai loaner program-with the same dealer no less!  I was asked by the chair which pianos would be the best.  I like the Yamahas (mostly U1s, GC1s, a C6 and a few C2s) and I suggested they buy them. Can you imagine, a University asking a piano tech for advice??

 In all fairness to Kawai, I said I had very little experience or knowledge of their line.  I know the (sp?) Sheguru grands are supposed to be wonderful, though I've not played one.  If anyone cares to venture an opinion on the Kawais or this dilemma, I would be most appreciative.  Don Mannino, are you listening?

David Denison, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Member Piano Technicians Guild

Phone: 516-674-4385