[CAUT] Hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:32:31 MDT 2010

Alan,

Blue points!

Jim

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of McCoy, Alan
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:33 PM
To: College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
Subject: [CAUT] Hammers

Hi Folks,

I am considering options for hammers on a S&S D. I want a softer hammer with some heft. Right now the piano has Ronsen Bacons and a Del Fandrich board. Right now there's just not enough "boom" at the point of attack but otherwise nice color and projection and decent sustain. I'm looking at these hammers:

NY S&S
Pianotek Abel Select
Wally's Abel Naturals
Ronsen Wurzen
Ronsen Weickert

I have experience with S&S, Wurzen and Abel Select, but not the others. Which would you choose, and why?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Yeah, Jim I know you like the new Renner Weikert Blue Points, but I never have liked working with Renner Blues so I didn't include the Blue Points on my list to consider. You can try to convince me though!   ;-)

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at ewu.edu