[CAUT] Mason & Hamlin hammers

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Jun 18 07:31:42 MDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Jeannie Grassi wrote:

> Thanks, Ed.  I am not very impressed with this piano.  It lacks
> finesse.  I’ll try to make it as good as I can in a one-day visit.
> Have a good time in Las Vegas.
> jeannie
The fairly new Masons I have seen had not had much deep shoulder
needling and mating, and strings were quite unlevel, among other
things. The hammers are nice to work with, and results were quite
positive (for the couple I have been able to spend a day or two on).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm