[CAUT] steinway agraffs

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 17 12:16:07 MDT 2010

Get an inexpensive flat screwdriver about .5mm wide. File a v notch into the
end, leaving the tip with two outside points, like a shallow M. File the
points from the flat sides, so that they point counterclockwise. Tap the
screwdriver on the broken stub so that the points "bite" the brass, continue
pressing and turn out the stub.
It will not always work, but it will work instantly when it does.
If it does not work, move on to the easy-out.

I have heard of using the engraving tool to cut a slot for a screwdriver,
but have no experience with it.

Ed S.